Prezzee is a digital gift card and payments business operating in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom. Founded in 2014 to evolve the art of gifting, in Australia we now offer the largest marketplace for e-Gift cards. We have 200+ retail partners, and have reached over 21 million consumers so far.
In 2021 Prezzee was featured as 106th in the Deloitte Fast 500 Asia Pacific, and in the top 23 for Australia. Listed 15th on the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 in 2020, and considered the 5th fastest growing tech company in Australia in 2019, Prezzee has doubled the team size and expanded into 4 new markets with a record growth of 519% compared to 2019, achieving incredible commercial success.
At Prezzee we are givers, and when you give it comes from the heart. Our values demonstrate how we connect the heart and the head. As one team, we shoot for the stars, transforming gifting into a magical experience and delivering happiness one ‘Prezzee’ at a time, everytime to achieve our strategic ambitions.
To continue to drive this growth we are looking to appoint a Senior Frontend Software Engineer to support a range of exciting web projects underway that will transform our customers' experience. Using Reascript, React and functional programming; you will work with our amazing delivery teams to develop sophisticated and scalable web applications that truly wow our customers.
The role is instrumental in achieving Prezzee’s FY22 strategic ambitions, one that is looking to disrupt the gift card and payments market globally. This role could be based in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
What you will do at Prezzee:
- Bring our wireframes and UX designs to life with an incredible attention to detail and level of accuracy.
- Build react components on Prezzee’s own component library “ribbon”.
- Contribute to coding standards and practices, to ensure the delivery of quality and clean testable code for our web apps.
- Demonstrate strong technical expertise, ensuring at all times there is a team focus on minimising solution complexity and maximising reusability.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications as required and provide support to the team to do so.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Ensure all appropriate documentation for our frontend systems are developed and maintained.
A little bit about yourself:
- You love what you do second only to putting the customer at the front of every decision.
- You are very comfortable working across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- You thrive in growth businesses – you understand the growth agenda and are able to move at pace to achieve ambitious growth plans and objectives.
- You are comfortable working in an environment where systems and processes have not been fully developed yet.
- You want to help build a global business knowing this will involve, at times, long hours, lots of discussions and debates, being challenged, and challenging back.
- You will be energetic, enthusiastic yet considered and calm under pressure.
- You are able to speak up and be heard, you are driven, and ready to really make your mark on a global scale, thriving on success.
- You get things done - you are analytical, organised, and manage competing priorities with ease.
- You have a sense of urgency and genuinely see Prezzee maintaining its market leadership and position of first-mover advantage.
- You can embed an agile way of working that will allow for a ‘growth mindset’.
On the technical side, you have:
- A strong understanding of algorithm complexity, data structures, concurrency & systems performance.
- Extensive experience in React with extra points for Rescript; OCaml, Haskell or Scala.
- Experience with creating Living Style Guides and tools such as StoryBook are an advantage.
- Demonstrated professional experience with the ability to deliver high-quality battle-tested code.
- Built front-end systems with modern development frameworks such as nextjs, and experience in microservices architecture.
- Worked with authentication schemes before (e.g. OAuth2, JWT).
At Prezzee, we are givers. Our products enable gift-giving, but we are so much more than that. Our values are the wrapping paper around our ideal shared people experiences. Our values are to give openness, give greatness, give magic, and most of all, always give a damn.
Some extra goodies
- You will work alongside an experienced team who will challenge you every day (and expect you to challenge them back).
- We run an incentive scheme based on both company-wide targets because we are all in the same boat, as well as individual KPIs
- There are generous benefits including an employee referral program and staff discounts.
- Our office has great facilities including end-of-trip facilities for those of you that like to exercise or ride to/from work.
- We have regular virtual and face-to-face events to help us bond and maintain our community vibe.
Work-life integration and genuine flexibility is our natural norm. Health, safety, and wellbeing is important too – it always comes first. So whilst we prefer to be connected and have our people work on-site, we work hard to support Covid-19 safe work practices, also accommodating the different lifestyles of our team members so that everyone is set up for success and empowered to do their best work either in the office or at home.